Thursday, May 7, 2009

How It All Began

Welcome to Miss Print!

When I got married in 2006, I was working as an event coordinator at a convention center. I had seen my fair share of weddings and knew exactly what I wanted for my own. With the help of my husband, we successfully branded our wedding. We set the stage for our big day when we designed our wedding website. The theme, fonts and colors of the website immediately became the theme, fonts and colors for our save the date magnet and everything else paper & ink that followed. Our long, blue invitations, bound with a black textured wrap and blue ribbon, were unique and received compliments from everyone. The opportunities to incorporate our brand into the event were endless - wedding program, rehearsal dinner invitations, place cards and menu cards, thank you notes. Designing the printed pieces for my own wedding stirred a passion of creativity that I desperately wanted to pursue. 

My next job, although not design related at all, afforded me the opportunity to design various invitations and other printed items. Word quickly spread that I was happy to take on these kinds of projects. With no formal design training, I had the opportunity to unleash my creative passion and begin building a portfolio. 

What you see here is what has been keeping me busy ever since...

No comments:

Post a Comment